Thursday, September 21, 2006

Intro

So being somewhat of a lyric dork and having way too much time on my hands, I'm using song titles from The Killers to begin my new blog. I thought it appropriate to use Mr. Brightside (or Mr. BS) as the inspiration for my blog title. As the ever-optimist, it works against me at times, but hell, life is sooo much more bearable if you stay positive. I've been having a hell of a time acclimating to my new life in Orlando, FL, but mostly I really can't complain. I have my ever-supportive Talia, our two dogs, we're renting a cute little house with a great back yard, and the folks at the church where Talia is a youth minister have gone above and beyond to help us out. Our belongings arrived a little over a week ago (a whopping 46 days after they were picked up) so we're still unpacking and trying to be creative with storing stuff in a house virtually void of closets. But we are very, very relieved to be sleeping on something other than a blow-up mattress and sitting in something other than beach chairs.

I am still unemployed. It has been a rough almost-two months of no work. In the meantime, I stripped and re-finished two antique pieces of furniture (which turned out really well), and have applied for jobs everywhere. I am not sure what the issue is - I'm either over-qualified with my MDiv degree, or under-qualified with a degree as vague as an MDiv. And the non-profit world is small and tight here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Wow, do I ever understand the vague degree problem. My master's means nothing without a PhD attached to it. Add a PhD and it moves up a notch, from "vague" to "obscure."

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Gade. I hope you keep posting!! And good luck with the job search.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

at least y'all are finished with your vague degrees.
glad you're back, gade! can i link your blog on my blog?

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home