Sunday, November 19, 2006

My First Meme

So I started this weeks ago, and I am finally getting back to it...I don't actually know if this can be considered my first meme because I have done them before, but never in a blog, and the ones I did, I didn't call a meme. Why exactly are they called memes anyway? I read the ones posted by Steph and Suze, and thought it'd be fun to post in my blog as well.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Can I go back to bed, now?

2. How much cash do you have on you?
Cash? Maybe 2 bucks if I'm lucky.

3. What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR?"
Albacore - we've been getting a lot of tuna donated to the food pantry lately.

4. Favorite planet?
What's left of Earth.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Some Orlando-area number that I don't recognize.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
The ring for Talia which is called something like "Bubble."

7. What shirt are you wearing?
A white, brown and blue plaid button-down shirt that I got out of the donation box at work.

8. Do you "label" yourself?
Uh, I think I wrote a 20 page paper around my annoyance with labels, especially surrounding gender binaries.

9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing?
Brown, on-sale at the Rack Room or some such place.

10. Bright or Dark Room?
I've always wanted a dark room. The developing chemicals can get pretty expensive though...and I love my digital camera.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I think Steph's blog rocks, and Suz has mad knitting skills as well as one of the cutest babies alive.

12. What does your watch look like?
It's a gorgeous blue and silver Fossil Talia got me for my birthday/late engagement, and I never want to know how much she paid for it.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
I think I might have actually been in bed...maybe reading, maybe sleeping. I worked so much better on the grad school hours of staying up late and sleeping in late...this whole getting up for work thing....

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
I don't text message. My last one was probably from T-Mobil with some new info regarding our account.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Less than a block away on Mills and Virginia. I know this because it is also a Citgo which, in my understanding, is one of the slightly less evil gas companies.

16. What's a word that you say a lot?
Lately it's not words, but long pauses while my brain trys to catch up with my mouth. They say short-term memory loss is a side effect of testosterone. It kinda sucks how long it takes me to finish a thought sometimes.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
Talia

18. Last furry thing you touched?
My Miles who is getting surgery today. :(

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
One very low dose of anti-anxiety med I'm trying to wean myself off of b/c I don't have health insurance to get refills, and hard-core daily vitamins from the natural food store. Nothing fun at all, I'm sad to say.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
None, but right before we moved here, I got two rolls developed that had been sitting around for over three years, and one of them turned out to be not mine, but my ex-girlfriend's pics of a wedding she was at. I still haven't sent them to her. Oops.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
I think each year has been a bit better than the last, so 30.

22. Your worst enemy?
Debt.

23. What is your current desktop picture?
At work, where I am now, it's a pic of the rural Kansas landscape at my parent's farm. Really pretty one of the sky, actually.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"Another f-ing donation?!"

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Given that my worst fear at this moment is debt, I'd have to go with the million bucks to pay it off, get a house, raise a family, get a down-payment on our dream retreat center...It's depressing though, that I would choose money over anything...

26. Do you like someone?
This question kinda makes me blush, giggle, and hide my face in my hands.

27. The last song you listened to?
Right now Sublime is playing on the San Francisco radio station I have streaming through my computer.

28. What time of day were you born?
I think around 10 in the morning.

29. What's your favorite number?
Are you going to ask me what my favorite animal and favorite flavor of bubble gum is too?

30. Where did you live in 1987?
Old farm-house where my folks still live, which was originally built by my great-great-great grandparents after they immigrated to Central Kansas from Prussia.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
I try not to be jealous of people who are salaried and have their finances under control.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
If they are, they need to get over it.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At work in MN watching the TV and thinking in disbelief "what a genius idea..."

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Depends on how desperate I am for the over-priced crap I'm attempting to purchase.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
I'm more socially aware than the general public...does that make me kind?

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I've always wanted a tree...but I've never had the nerve or expendable money. There's that darn money word again...maybe I should get a dollar sign across my ass instead.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
definitely Spanish...I've tried on numerous occasions to learn Spanish, but I haven't been successful yet. I'm not giving up though.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yup, I just did.

39. Are you touchy feely?
yeah, with people I know. Lately it's been weird though because there's all these man-rules around touching I don't know.

40. What's your life motto?
Like Brian once sang as he was dying on the cross: "Look on the bright side of life."

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
My eyebrow ring (which is actually clear plastic now because of office body piercing policy)...my hair, my fingernails.

42. What's your favorite town/city?
This is hard...I really loved living in DC, and loved the Twin Cities except for the weather, and loved Berkeley except for the rain...I have yet to feel strong affection for Orlando.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
I don't know...maybe coffee.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Wow...do cards count? I mailed a Birthday card to my mom in September.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?
I tried to once, but my dad and I couldn't get the filter off, so I gave up my dream of becoming a grease monkey (I don't mean that derogatively...I actually wanted to be one when I was a kid and would literally cover myself with dirt and grease when playing outside in the garage.)

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Wow, does this mean requited or unrequited love? :) Requited: not that long ago. Less than a year.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
See Steph's blog on the Martyr's Mirror. I think I might have been related to some of those persecuted folk. At least my catechism teacher led me to believe that.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
I wore slightly nicer clothes than I wear to work a few weeks ago to Talia's ecclesiastical council (which is about as scary as it sounds, and one of the last requirements for ordination). I wore a button-down shirt, a sweater vest, and well-fitting pants.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
My upper back which always hurts when sitting at a computer since that 4 or 5 years ago when I gave myself whip-lash from doing a bad Judo roll.

50. Have you been burned by love?
Yup, but that's all history, and last I heard she's still a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home